DarkCross 2016 will take place on Sept. 10.
Registration opens on Aug. 26. Click here to register.
Spread the word!
Click links to view results:
C Race Results (Cat 4 Men, Cat 4 Women, Citizen Racers) – available as Excel file only (click here to download)
Kids Race Results – available as Excel file only (click here to download)
Brief Results. For detailed results (including lap times), see here.
We are very excited to announce that Romi Mayes will be performing at DarkCross when the annual cyclocross hootenanny returns to the Red River Co-op Speedway on Sept. 12, 2015.
Mayes’ gritty, down and dirty roots music is a perfect fit for the dirt-track setting that provides DarkCross with its unique backdrop, not to mention the aching beauty that is cyclocross racing.
Mayes is known for her powerful lyrical ability that gives life to the words she sings. Her insightful sweet and edgy vocals paint pictures of heart on her sleeve sincerity and a road well travelled. The talented players that surround her are another confirmation of how her honest abilities draw the best of the best toward her authentic brand of roots music.
Mayes continues to bring her brilliant songs, impressive guitar skills, and passionate performances to stages across the globe. She has relentlessly toured Canada, US, Europe, UK, and has shared the stage with the likes of Levon Helm, Derek Trucks, Ricky Skaggs, Jim Cuddy, Gordie Johnson, Guy Clark, Sue Foley, Fred Eaglesmith, Corb Lund, Blackie and The Rodeo Kings, and many more.
Her most recent album, Devil On Both Shoulders, is another testament to why Romi Mayes’ past albums have garnered three Western Canadian Music Awards for Songwriter of the Year, two Western Canadian Music Awards for Album of The Year, a Juno nomination for Album of the Year, and various Canadian Music Award nominations.
For more information about Romi Mayes, please visit her website.
Watch the video for the title track of Devil On Both Shoulders.
Mark your calendars. We will race at the Speedway on September 12, 2015.
More info is coming soon.
Thanks to our commissaires Nicola Bistyak, Moni Robertson, Scott Wiebe and Deanna Weibe as well as our timing system operators Chris Neufeld and Jaron Friesen. We have entered a new era. It is good.
Congrats to all our winners. And thanks to everyone who came out and made it an awesome evening. See you all in 2015.
See the full results here.
Get yourself registered here.
Please note the new equipment rules that were adopted by the CX Committee. Re-posted from the CXMB blog, which is managed by the CX Committee Chair.
Please note that for 2014 all riders in the A and B events (CX1/2 Men, CX3 Men, and CX1/2/3 Women) must have a cyclocross style bike (tires max 34 mm wide, road style handlebars NOT straight bars, max width of bars 50 cm). This requirement is still more liberal than the UCI standard.
In 2009 and 2010 the cyclocross committee published rules outlining that all categories except the lowest would require a cyclo-cross bike. A lot of time has been given for riders to adapt to the equipment rules. Riders in the C event (CX4 men, CX4 women, and citizen racers) will still be allowed to use mountain bikes that conform to UCI MTB standards (i.e. no bar ends, no studded tires, at least two functioning brakes, no aero bars, etc.)
Note that to participate in Nationals all bikes will have to conform to UCI standards, the most obvious difference with ours being a max tire width of 33mm.
What are you waiting for? Online registration is open. Click here to get started.
Help us kick off the biggest and best cyclocross season Manitoba has ever seen by making DarkCross 2014 the most well-attended one yet.
A few things to note:
1) We are using BikeReg to handle registration this year. Why? Let’s just say there’s a good reason it’s the system to which all others are compared. For now, they only process fees in USD. No, this does not mean you are paying more. We’ve included the processing fees in the $30 to account for the difference in exchange rate. By the time we do this all again next year, they’ll be set up to work with Canadian currency.
2) Among other things, you can now see who’s racing. Curious to check out the competition? Click here to see who’s signed up so far.
3) DarkCross will NOT be included in the Season Pass program this year (if it even exists any more). So there are only two ways to register. Online via BikeReg or on race day with cash.
4) DarkCross is $30 this year. It was $25 last year. The extra $5 is part of a new development fee the Cyclocross Committee has instituted for all races. All of this money will go toward cyclocross-related development, making the race experience even better. For this year, the development fund will be used to cover the cost of the NEW TIMING SYSTEM!
5) Online registration closes on Sept. 5 at 5:00 PM.
6) Race day registration is $40. Cash only.